Easy Way to Learn English Vocabulary for SSC Exams 2020
FITFUL (adjective) अस्थिर
- Meaning: active or occurring spasmodically or intermittently; not regular or steady.
- Synonyms: intermittent, sporadic, spasmodic
- Antonyms: constant, continuous, habitual
PROMPTITUDE (noun) मुस्तैदी
- Meaning: the quality or habit of arriving or being ready on time.
- Synonyms: alacrity, aptness, quickness, readiness,
- Antonyms: tardiness, unpunctuality, belatedness
ABET (verb) उकसाना
- Meaning: encourage or assist (someone) to do something wrong.
- Synonyms: brew, ferment, foment, incite
- Antonyms: bridle, check, constrain, curb
HITCH (noun) अड़चन
- Meaning: a temporary difficulty or problem.
- Synonyms: problem, difficulty, snag
- Antonyms: aid, convenience, expedience
EDIFICE (noun) भवन
- Meaning: a large, imposing building.
- Synonyms: building, structure, construction, pile
- Antonyms: disfigurement, disarrangement,
RAMPANT (adjective) अनियंत्रित
- Meaning: flourishing or spreading unchecked.
- Synonyms: uncontrolled, unrestrained, unchecked
- Antonyms: moderate, tempered, bridled
PRECOCIOUS (adjective) असामयिक
- Meaning: having developed certain abilities or inclinations at an earlier age than is usual or expected.
- Synonyms: advanced, forward, mature, ahead
- Antonyms: belated, delinquent, latish, overdue
ELOQUENCE (noun) वाक्पटुता
- Meaning: fluent or persuasive speaking or writing.
- Synonyms: oratory, rhetoric, locution.
- Antonyms: haziness, silence, speechlessness.
CLOGGED (verb) रोक–थामकरना
- Meaning: block or become blocked with an accumulation of thick, wet matter.
- Synonyms: obstruct, congest, jam, choke
- Antonyms: excavate, empty, lighten, clear, free
DETERRENT (adjective) निवारक
- Meaning: serving to discourage, prevent, or inhibit.
- Synonyms: preclusive, admonitory, dissuasive
- Antonyms: encouraging, prosperous, favorable