Top-10 Vocabs of the day-9
- A disavowal is a strong denial of any knowledge about something.
- denial of any connection with or knowledge of
- disclaimer, abjuration, recantation, retraction, backdown, climb-down, withdrawal, denial
- Sloppy means “untidy” or “messy.”
- If your bedroom has clothes all over the floor, it’s sloppy.
- Synonyms – sloppy, muddy, unwashed, unsanitary, unkempt
- Veneration is similar to worship or respect.
- great respect; reverence.
- honor, reverence, esteem, deference, veneration, admiration
- Wither means to shrivel up or shrink.
- become dry and shriveled.
- shrivel (up), dry up, wilt, droop, go limp, fade, perish, shrink
- If you are upset, you are distraught.
- deeply upset and agitated
- disturbed, disconcerted, confused, flurried, abashed
- sounding harsh and unpleasant.
- gravelly, rasping, raspy, rough, scratchy, cacophonic, cacophonous
- Sanity is the opposite of insanity.
- When you have sanity, you’re mentally healthy and not acting crazy.
- mental,health, faculties, reason, rationality, saneness, stability, lucidity, sense, wits, mind
- When you’re tardy, you’re late.
- after the expected or usual time; delayed
- belated, late, unpunctual
- marked by keen caution and watchful prudence
- feeling or showing caution about possible dangers or problems.
- cautious, careful, circumspect, on one’s guard, chary, alert
- Problems are intractable when they can’t be solved.
- not tractable; difficult to manage or mold
- defiant, noncompliant, difficult, unmanageable, disobedient, obstinate, stubborn, unregenerate, untamed, wild