Top-10 Vocabs of the day-7
- Repose is a formal or literary term used to mean the act of resting, or the state of being at rest.
- Synonyms – ease, relaxation, rest
- Aroma is the word for a fragrant scent, one that pleases the nose in a way that makes you lick your lips.
- Synonyms – odor, odour, olfactory property, scent, smell
- Irresolute describes someone who feels stuck.
- uncertain how to act or proceed.
- Synonyms – indecisive, discouraged, infirm, unstable, vacillant, vacillating, wavering, weak-kneed
- When you emulate someone, you imitate them, especially with the idea of matching their success.
- Synonyms – copy, imitate, simulate
- The playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks
- Synonyms – backchat, give-and-take, raillery, badinage, persiflage
- When people poach deer or ducks, they hunt them illegally.
- hunt illegally
- Synonyms – hunt, hunt down, run, track down
- Coarse can mean rough to the touch or vulgar.
- of textures that are rough to the touch or substances consisting of relatively large particles.
- Synonyms – harsh, coarse-grained, large-grained, coarse-grained, farinaceous, grainy, granular, granulose, gritty, mealy
- a bucket
- a roughly cylindrical vessel that is open at the top
- Synonyms – bucket, vessel
- Perish means to die, but it suggests a slow, gradual, nonviolent death.
- pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life.
- Synonyms – die, lose one’s life, be killed, fall, expire, meet one’s death, be lost
- Tribulation is suffering or trouble, usually resulting from oppression.
- an annoying or frustrating or catastrophic event.
- Synonyms – trial, visitation, fire, affliction