Top-10 Vocabs of the day-5
- Foment means stirring up something undesirable, such as trouble.
- try to stir up public opinion
- Synonyms – agitate, stir up, rumpus, provoke, stimulate
- marked by qualities giving the power to produce an intended effect
- Something that’s efficacious is full of accomplishment.
- Synonyms – effective, effectual, effective
- When you embark on something, you are starting it — and it’s exciting
- go on board a ship, aircraft, or other vehicle
- Synonyms – board ship, go on board, go aboard, hop on, jump on
- A peccadillo is a minor offense or sin.
- a petty misdeed
- Synonyms – indiscretion, misbehavior, misbehaviour, misdeed
- Someone who is defiant is bold, even in the face of defeat.
- boldly resisting authority or an opposing force
- Synonyms – noncompliant, insubordinate, resistant, resistive
- Sweltering means uncomfortably hot. .
- excessively hot and humid or marked by sweating and faintness
- Synonyms – sweltry, hot
- Cessation is an end to something, such as the stopping of a bad habit
- a stopping
- Synonyms – surcease, legal separation, separation
- likely to be influenced or affected by
- likely or liable to be influenced or harmed by a particular thing.
- Synonyms – unprotected, sensitive, allergic, sensitised
- the reduction of expenditures in order to become financially stable
- reduce costs or spending in response to economic difficulty.
- Synonyms – curtailment, downsizing, economy, saving
- Things that are seamy have lost all morality.
- morally degraded
- Synonyms – seedy, sleazy, sordid, squalid, disreputable