Top-10 Vocabs of the day-4
- not used to good advantage
- waste (something, especially money or time) in a reckless and foolish manner.
- Synonyms-waste, misspend, misuse, throw away, fritter away, spend recklessly, spend unwisely
- Insular means “having a narrow view of the world,”
- ignorant of or uninterested in cultures, ideas, or peoples outside one’s own experience.
- Synonyms- narrow-minded, small-minded, inward-looking, parochial
- pitifully sad and abandoned or lonely.
- marked by or showing hopelessness
- Synonyms- Unhappy, sad, miserable, sorrowful, dejected, despondent, disconsolate, wretched
- The adjective quiescent means “being quiet and still,”
- being quiet or still or inactive
- Synonyms- inert, idle, dormant, at rest, inoperative, deactivated, quiet, still, motionless, immobile, passive
- come to rest; settle
- The word alight has two distinct meanings: it can mean coming down or settling in a delicate manner
- Synonyms- light, perch, land, set down
- Lunacy is acting silly or stupid.
- foolish or senseless behavior
- Synonyms- craziness, folly, foolery, indulgence, tomfoolery, meshugaas, mishegaas, mishegoss
- not able to be removed or erased
- making marks that cannot be removed.
- Synonyms- unerasable, ineradicable
- unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound
- sounding harsh and unpleasant.
- Synonyms- scraping, scratching, grinding, rasping, jarring; harsh, raucous, strident, piercing, shrill
- If you are feeling lassitude, you’re weary and just can’t be bothered.
- a feeling of lack of interest or energy
- Synonyms- languor, listlessness, apathy
- Jettison means to push to the side or toss away
- throw away, of something encumbering
- Synonyms- cast aside, cast away, cast out, chuck out, discard, dispose, fling, put away, throw away, throw out, toss