The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams 2020-21
English Vocabulary for SSC CGL / CHSL / CPO / other exams
Up the ante (दाव बढ़ाना)
If you up the ante, you increase your demands or the risks in a situation in order to achieve a better result.
- the general meaning, sense, or content of something.
Grit (धैर्य/ साहस)
- Courage and resolve; strength of character.
- Grit is the perseverance and passion to achieve long–term goals.
Modicum (तिल बराबर)
- A small quantity of a particular thing, especially something desirable or valuable.
- If you have a modicum of interest in something, you are a little bit interested.
- A complex or unwelcome consequence of an action or event.
- Indigenous vs Ingenious
- Indigenous means ‘native’ (स्वदेशी)
Usage: This herb is indigenous to India.
- Ingenious means ‘clever or genius’ (चतुर).
Usage: He came up with an ingenious solution to the problem.
- Punishment inflicted on someone as vengeance for a wrong or criminal act.
- A severe flood, an overwhelming amount of water, the feeling of being overwhelmed, like you’re underwater
- Unable to be erased or forgotten.
- Not able to be forgotten or cannot be removed.
- A log jam is an accumulation of large wood that can span an entire stream or river channel.
- A situation which seems irresolvable.