List of Important Volcanoes in the World
yourclasses: Here, we are giving the list of World’s Major Active Volcanoes of the World which can be asked in SSC CGL 2018 and other related exams.
1. Mount Vesuvius, Italy
- Mount Vesuvius is located near Naples in Italy.
- In AD79 it erupted. It was an explosive eruption, with no warning.
2. Mount St. Helens Volcano, United States
- Mount St. Helens is in the Cascade Range of mountains, United States.
- In 1980, the volcano erupted, causing a huge amount of devastation.
3. Krakatoa, Indonesia
- Krakatoa is an island in Indonesia.
- In August 1883, Krakatoa erupted with several huge explosions.
4. Mount Etna, Italy (Sicily)
- Mount Etna is the tallest active volcano in Europe.
5. Mount Tambora, Indonesia
- Mount Tambora famously erupted in 1815.
- It was one of the largest volcanic eruptions in history.
6. Mauna Loa, Hawaii
- Hawaii has two famous volcanoes, Mauna Loa and Kilauea.
- Mauna Loa is the largest active volcano in the world.
7. Cotopaxi, Ecuador
- Cotopaxi is a famous volcano in Ecuador.
- It is the second highest peak in the South American country.
8. Mount Fuji, Tokya, JAPAN
- Mount Fuji is the highest mountain in Japan.
- It is an active volcano with 1st eruption taking place in 1707.