Indian Rivers: Important Geography Questions
The Rivers & Drainage System of India GK Quiz contains important questions covering rivers and drainage system in India. This topic is important for SSC, Railway, Banking etc.
1. By what name is the Ganga known in Bangladesh ?
2. Krishan Raja Sagara Dam being constructed on which rivers ?
3. River Indus originates from which place ?
Answer: Kailash range
4. Narmada river originates from Amarkantak in which place ?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
5. Name the river which flows in Indian desert ?
6. The river Cauvery originates from which state ?
7. The river Brahmaputra turns into India around which mountains ?
Answer: Namcha Barwa
8. Which two rivers form world’s largest delta ?
Answer: Ganges & Brahmaputra
9. The river on which the reservoir for Indira Gandhi Canal has been built is ?
10. Which is the origin of Krishna river?
Answer: Western Ghat
11. Penganga, Wardha, and Wainganga are the tributaries of which river ?
12. Lohit, Dibang, Subansiri,Tista,Manas are the tributaries of Which river ?
13. On which rivers is located Indo-Pak Baglihar project ?
14. Name the rivers which forms an estuary ?
15. Which rivers flow through a rift valley ?
Answer: Narmada ,Tapti
16. The longest river of peninsular India is
17. Which rivers is known as “Vridhay Ganga”
18. By which name does the Brahmaputra enters into India ?
19. Which east flowing rivers of India has rift valley due to down warping ?
20. The chilka lake region lies in between the deltas of which river
Answer: Mahanadi and Godavari