Important International Boundary Lines
Borders Between Neighbours of India
“yourclasses” brings a list of Important International borders, these boundary lines are very important for different competitive examinations like SSC/IBPS/RRB/INSURANCE, etc
- Radcliffe Line
- Drawn by Sir Cyril Radcliffe, this line demarcates the boundary between India and Pakistan.
- 24th Parallel
- Line which Pakistan claims as the demarcating line between India and Pakistan.
- This, however, is not recognized by India
- McMahon Line
- Drawn by Sir Henry McMahon, the line demarcates the frontier of India and China.
- China did not recognize the McMahon line and crossed it in 1962.
- Durand Line
- The line demarcating the boundaries of Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- It was drawn in 1896 by Sir Mortimer Durand.
- Hindenburg Line
- The boundary dividing Germany and Poland.
- The Germans retreated to this line in 1917 during World War I
- Maginot Line
- It is a 320 km line of fortification build by France along its border with Germany before World War II, to protect against German attack.
- Mannerheim Line
- The Line of Fortification between Russia- Finland.
- It was drawn by General Mannerheim.
- Medicine Line or 49th Parallel
- The border between Canada and the United States.
- Oder-Neisse Line
- It is the border between Poland and Germany running along the Oder and Neisse rivers; adopted after the Poland Conference (August 1945) after the World War II.
- Siegfried Line
- Line of fortification drawn by Germany on its border with France.
- 17th Parallel
- The boundary between North Vietnam and South Vietnam before two was united.
- 26th Parallel south
- A circle of latitude which crosses through Africa, Australia and South America.
- 36th Parallel
- The southernmost boundary of the State of Missouri with the State of Arkansas.
- 37th Parallel north
- The southern boundary of the historic and extralegal Territory of Jefferson.
- 38th Parallel
- The parallel of latitude which separates North Korea and South Korea