GK Questions with answers on Ancient History
Indian History General Knowledge questions and answers. Ancient Indian History for General Studies and GK preparation of SSC, NDA, CDS, UPSC, UPPSC and State exams.
1. Which king was also known as Mamallan (great wrestler)?
Answer: Narasimhavarman I
2. Who was the 23rd Jain Tirthankara ?
3. As per Asoka’s inscriptions, which place was declared tax free and proclaimed only 1/8th part as taxable?
4. Which Gupta emperors called himself “Lichchhavi-dauhitra”?
5. The inscriptions of Ashoka and the Brahmi script were deciphered by-
Answer: James Princep
6. Veda, which is partly in prose and partly in verses is-
7. Which Chola kings was the first to capture Maldives ?
8. Who was the ruler of Kanchi during the time of Samudragupta ?
9. Who is known to have performed four Asvamedha sacrifices ?
Answer: Pravarasena I
10. In which inscriptions Ashoka made his famous declaration, “All men are my children”?
Answer: Separate Kalinga Rock Edict I
11. The Boghazkoi inscription was discovered in-
12. The Aryans dedicated whole of a separate Mandala in Rig-Veda for the hymns dedicated to-
13. Garuda was adopted as dynastic emblem after the imperial Guptas by-
14. Vallabhi era is identical with which era?
Answer: The Gupta era
15. The last Mauryan ruler, who was killed by his Commander-in-Chief was-
16. The rulers of which dynasties adopted the title Devaputra ?
17. The Mahasamghika School arose at which place?
18. The most famous Bronze Image of Chola Period-
19. The Pagodas at Mahabalipuram had been constructed by-
20. In his inscriptions Ashoka calls himself:
Answer: Devanampriya Priyadarshni king