Current Affairs Updates: 4 September
Current Affairs Updates: 4 September
Current Affairs 2018: Daily Current Affairs 2018 updates for IBPS, RRB, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, Railway & other Competitive Exams.
1. Nehal Chudasama crowned Miss Universe India 2018
Nehal Chudasama is crowned as the new Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva – Miss Universe India 2018.
- Peden Ongmu Namgyal, Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva Supranational 2017 crowning Aditi Hundia as Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva Supranational 2018.
- The winner of Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva 2018 will represent the country at Miss Universe.
2. Singphan wildlife sanctuary declared 30th elephant reserve of the country
The Nagaland government has declared the Singphan Wildlife Sanctuary as an elephant reserve making it the 30th reserve for jumbos in the country.
- It has huge tracts of forest, strategically located in contiguity with the Abhaypur Reserve Forest of Assam which is frequented by the moving herds of elephants.
- Elephant distribution habitat in Nagaland is a continuous stretch starting from Peren district running all along the foothills north westerly until Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh.
3. ISRO will conduct 19 missions for the next 7 months
ISRO will conduct 19 missions, including 10 satellites and nine launch vehicles, in the next seven months between September and March.
- It will include the launch of India’s second moon mission Chandrayaan-2.
- ISRO planned to launch two satellites within 30 days consecutively for months.
- The services would be resumed on September 15 with the PSLV C42 mission, which will carry UK satellites – Novasar and S1-4 – as the main payload.
- Then, ISRO will launch GSLV Mk III-D2, also known as ‘Bahubali’.
4. Rikako Ikee named as the Most Valuable Player of Asian Games
Japanese swimmer Rikako Ikee (18-year-old), who bagged six gold and two silver medals at the Asian Games 2018, has been named as the quadrennial event’s Most Valuable Player.
- She became the first female athlete to bag the award in the history of Asian Games.
- Ikee also received a cheque of $50,000 (₹35.5 lakh).
5. Justice Ranjan Gogoi to take charge as the new CJI
Justice Ranjan Gogoi is set to take over as the new Chief Justice of India on October 3, 2018.
- His name has been recommended for the post by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra to the government.
- Justice Gogoi is expected to take oath on October 3. He is slated to retire on November 17, 2019.
6. PM releases book to mark one year in office of VP Venkaiah Naidu
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the book “Moving On, Moving Forward – A Year in Office” written by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu.
- Narendra Modi presented the first copy of the book to Venkaiah Naidu.
- The book was written by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu to mark his one year in office.
7. 4th International Ayurveda Congress held in Leiden, Netherlands
Fourth International Ayurveda Congress (IAvC) was held in Leiden, Netherlands from September 1 to 2, 2018.
- It was inaugurated by Minister of State, (IC), for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik.
- The Congress was jointly organized by International Maharishi Ayurveda Foundation, Netherlands; All India Ayurvedic Congress, New Delhi and International Academy of Ayurveda, Pune in association with Indian Embassy in Netherlands.
8. Mauritius remains top source of FDI into India in 2017-18: RBI
According to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, Mauritius was top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India in 2017-18 followed by Singapore.
- The total FDI in FY 18 stood at $37.36 billion in financial year which was marginal rise over $36.31 billion recorded in the previous fiscal 2016-17.
9. Asian Games 2018 concludes in Indonesia
18th Asian Games concluded in Indonesia. This edition of pan-continental mega sporting was held from August 18 to September 2, 2018 in two cities – Jakarta and Palembang.
- This was second time Asian Games history, Indonesia had hosted it after first time in 1962 in Jakarta.
- Indian women hockey captain Rani Rampal was India’s flag-bearer at closing ceremony.
10. Government inaugurates home for 1000 widows in Vrindavan
Union Ministry of Women and Child Development recently had inaugurated widows’ home ‘Krishna Kutir’ at Vrindavan in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Krishna Kutir is special home for 1000 widows set under Swadhar Greh scheme and is the largest ever facility of its kind created by government organization.
- It was constructed to mitigate the plight of widows living in pathetic condition in Vrindavan.