Current Affairs Updates: 29 August
Current Affairs Updates: 29 August
Current Affairs 2018 – Daily Current Affairs 2018 updates for IBPS, RRB, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, Railway & other Competitive Exams.
1. PepsiCo’s CEO Indra Nooyi will be honoured with the Game Changer of the Year award
PepsiCo’s India-born CEO Indra Nooyi will be honoured with the Game Changer of the Year award.
- This award will be given by global cultural organisation Asia Society in recognition of her business achievements, humanitarian record and advocacy for women and girls around the world.
2. Prasar Bharati has signed MoU with Mizzima Media Group of Myanmar
Prasar Bharati has recently signed MoU with Mizzima Media Group of Myanmar to realize cooperation and collaboration in broadcasting and content sharing.
- The agreement was signed in the presence of Prasar Bharati CEO, Shashi Shekhar Vempati and Editor-in-chief and MD, Mizzima in New Delhi.
3. PNB has been ranked as best State-Run Bank for Digital Transactions
According to the PNB statement, the report card on the banking sector’s performance in digital transactions, PNB’s average percentage of technical declines is only 0.83 per cent of the total transactions.
- It has been rated as the sixth best in the overall category amongst all banks in India for digital performance.
4. PM Modi will launch the second phase of FAME India scheme
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will soon launch the second phase of the FAME India scheme offering incentives for mass adoption of electric vehicles with an outlay of Rs 5,500 crore.
- The Prime Minister will unveil the scheme at the inaugural session of ‘MOVE’ – the global mobility summit.
5. The book “Atal Ji Ne Kaha” is Authored by Brijendra Rehi
“Atal Ji Ne Kaha” is the latest of the books on the BJP patriarch and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee launched with a message by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The book is Authored and compiled by Brijendra Rehi. Mr Rehi is noted Doordarshan producer, and senior journalist.
- The 320-page book is a rich repository of the former Prime Minister’s select speeches and photographs beside having three interviews by the author.
6. INS Vikramaditya for first time to be fitted with marine hydraulic system
For the first time, India’s only aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya will be fitted with marine hydraulic systems “GS-1MF and GS-3” to boost the air operations of the ship.
- The systems would be fitted by Russia’s Rostec State Corporation through its subsidiary “Technodinamika” by May 2019.
- The upgradation and sea trials of the ship will be done in India only.
- The hydraulics technology uses fluid pressure to power machines.
7. The 4th Asian electoral stakeholders forum begins in Colombo
In Sri Lanka, the fourth Asian electoral stakeholders forum (AESF-IV) begins in Colombo to discuss the state of elections and democracy in the region.
- The two-day forum is being held for the first time in South Asia with support from the Election Commission of Sri Lanka and the Asian network for free elections (ANFREL).
- The AESF will be attended by more than 250 delegates from 45 countries.
- The theme is, ‘Advancing Election Transparency and Integrity: Promoting and Defending Democracy Together’.
8. PV Sindhu: The first Indian shuttler to enter the finals of Asian Games
lympic Silver Medalist PV Sindhu has created history by becoming the first-ever Indian shuttler to enter a badminton final at the Asian Games.
- She stormed into the women’s singles final after defeating Akane Yamaguchi of in the semi-final at the 18th Asian Games 2018 on August 27.
- Sindhu will now face World No 1 Chines Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying in a Gold rush on August 28.
9. Japan wins the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup for the first time
The U-20 Japan Women’s National Team won against the U-20 Spain Women’s National Team at the final of the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018.
- Taking down the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup title for the first time in Japanese football history.
- Japan received the Fair-play award as a team and the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018 has closed its curtains.