Current Affairs Updates: 25 August
Current Affairs Updates: 25 August
Current Affairs 2018 – Daily Current Affairs 2018 updates for IBPS, RRB, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, Railway & other Competitive Exams.
1. Country’s biggest techno-hub opened in Jaipur
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has inaugurated the Bhamashah Techno Hub in Jhalana Industrial Area of Jaipur.
- Raje said the country’s biggest centre equipped with the ultra-modern technology will help around 700 entrepreneurs to work under one roof and realise their dreams.
2. Japan to be ‘Country Partner’ for Make in Odisha 2018
The Odisha Government has tied up with Japan for its mega investment Conclave 2018 to take place in November this year.
- The state has already identified 600 acres near capital city Bhubaneswar that could serve as a dedicated industrial park for Japanese investors.
3. World Bank launches world’s first blockchain bond
The World Bank launched world’s first public blockchain bond named bond-i created, allocated, transferred and managed by using blockchain technology.
- Bond-i is an acronym standing for Blockchain Offered New Debt Instrument and also refers to tourist famous Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia.
- Funds raised from this bond will go towards sustainable development initiatives.
4. RIL become first Indian company to cross Rs. 8 trillion market cap.
Mukesh Ambani-led oil-to-telecom behemoth Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) became first Indian company to cross Rs 8 lakh crore ($114 billion) market cap.
- This record m-cap of RIL also bumped up Mukesh Ambani’s wealth to over $48 billion (according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index).
- M-cap is value of company that is traded on stock market, calculated by multiplying total number of shares by present share price.
5. Jhulan Goswami announces retirement from T20
Veteran Indian women’s team pacer Jhulan Goswami has announced her retirement from T20 Internationals, effectively ruling her out for the ICC World T20 in West Indies in November.
- She played 68 T20 Internationals and took 56 wickets at an economy rate of 5.45.
- The 35-year-old will only play ODIs, in which format she is the world’s highest wicket-taker with 200 scalps from 169 games.
6. Veteran journalist Kuldip Nayar passes away
Veteran journalist and former Rajya Sabha member Kuldip Nayar passed away after a brief illness. He was 95.
- Mr. Nayar was known for his stand against the Indira Gandhi government during the Emergency as the Editor of The Statesman.
- He was arrested for his vocal protest during the time.
7. 35% of cyber-attacks on Indian sites from China: CERT
According to recent report by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), maximum number of cyber-attacks on official Indian websites are from China, US and Russia.
- The report was forwarded to National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) and other security agencies.
- It had analysed cyber-attacks from April-June 2018.
8. India Banking Conclave 2018 held in New Delhi
India Banking Conclave (IBC) 2018 was held in New Delhi from 23-24, 2018.
- It was organised by Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) along with its knowledge partner and government Think Tank, NITI Aayog.
- The conclave was aimed at making India’s banking sector more adaptable to face multiple future challenges in the coming years.
9. NITI Aayog launches 5 Thematic Reports on Sustainable Development in Himalayan Region
NITI Aayog has released five Thematic Reports on Sustainable Development in Indian Himalayan Region (IHR) recognizing uniqueness of Himalayas and challenges for sustainable development.
- These reports list challenges in all defined five thematic areas and discuss significance, challenges, ongoing actions and future roadmap.