9th December 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
Here we are Providing Top 10 Current Affairs of 9th December 2020 and Daily News are the most important topics for any competitive exams with Questions & Answers for SSC, Bank & Railway Exams. So Solve daily quizzes that will help you memorize the topics.
Daily Current Affairs 9th December 2020 in English
- During the time of pandemic, when the parliament was not in session many ordinances and amendments were passed. Which amendment of the Indian Constitution has abolished the nomination of Anglo-Indians to the Lok Sabha and Legislative Assemblies?
(A) 101th Amendment Act
(B) 102nd Amendment Act
(C) 103rd Amendment Act
(D) 104th Amendment Act
ANSWERS: – 1(D)
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution (or Industry 4.0) is the ongoing automation of traditional manufacturing and industrial practices, using modern smart technology. The first Industrial Revolution took place in?
ANSWERS: – 2(A)
- India has launched National Viral Hepatitis Control Programme (NVHCP) under which it has set the target to eliminate Hepatitis C by the year :
ANSWERS: – 3(B)
- Over 22 scientists from India join UN effort to boost public confidence in COVID-19 vaccines. Recently, the United Nations launched “Team Halo.” It aims to
(A) tackle the climate change
(B) tackle the nuclear proliferation
(C) to tackle misinformation on safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines.
(D) None of the above
ANSWERS: – 4(C)
- When APEC Leaders gathered at Bogor, Indonesia in 1994, they committed to achieve free and open trade and investment by 2010 for industrialized economies and by 2020 for developing economies. The term “Bogor Goals” has been heard quite frequently these days. It is related to
(A) Asia-Pacific Economic Co-Operation
(C) Shanghai Co-operation Organisation
(D) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
ANSWERS: – 5(A)
- According to data released by the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA), poaching and electrocution were behind tiger deaths reported in the country.
Consider the following statements regarding the National Board of Wildlife (NBWL)
- It is a “Statutory Organization” constituted under the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972.
- The NBWL is chaired by the Prime Minister.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) 1 only
(B) 2 only
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWERS: – 6(C)
- The Prime minister of India while addressing the 12th BRICS summit held online touched upon issues like terrorism, Covid-19 pandemic and the need for reforms in global bodies.
The theme of 12th BRICS summit is
(A) BRICS Partnership for Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative Growth
(B) BRICS: Economic Growth for an Innovative Future
(C) Collaboration for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity
(D) None of the above
ANSWERS: – 7(A)
- How the National Commission for Scheduled Castes can help in socio-economic empowerment of Dalits in contemporary India. The National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSCs) presents an annual report to which of the following?
(B) Vice President
ANSWERS: – 8(A)
- Following are the lists of mountain passes and their locations. Which of the below mountain passes are correctly matched
LIST1 LIST 2
1-Banihal pass Jammu and Kashmir
2-Bara lacha la Himachal Pradesh
3-Kunzom pass Sikkim
4-Thang la Uttarakhand
ANSWERS: – 9(C)
- Among the given rights and the articles, identify the correctly matched pair
LIST 1 LIST 2
- Right to equality Article 14
- Right to education Article 15
- Right against exploitation Article 23
- Right to freedom Article 19
ANSWERS: – 10(C)