8th October 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
Here we are Providing Top 10 Current Affairs of 8th October 2020 and Daily News are the most important topics for any competitive exams with Questions & Answers for SSC, Bank & Railway Exams. So Solve daily quizzes that will help you memorize the topics.
Daily Current Affairs 8th October 2020 in English
- What is the name of seventh offshore patrol vessel of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG), which has formally unveiled at the Kattupalli port, Chennai, Tamil Nadu and built by Larsen and Toubro?
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of whom as the Director-General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)?
(C) M Mahendra Reddy
(D) A S Dulat
(E) M A Ganapathy
- The Government of India has appointed three new economists as members of the six-member rate-setting Monetary Policy Committee(MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), who of the following is belongs to them?
(E) Deepak Singhal
- To hold bilateral discussions over “Free and Open Indo-Pacific” (FOIP) initiative amid coronavirus pandemic the quad countries’ Foreign Ministers meet will held in which city?
(E) New Delhi
- World Cotton Day (WCD) is observed globally on which day of October since 2019 to celebrate the advantages of cotton?
(A) 5th of October
(B) 6th of October
(C) 7th of October
(D) 8th of October
(E) 9th of October
- The 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry is awarded to whom for the development of a method for genome editing by The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden?
(A) Jennifer Doudna and Martin Jinek
(B) Philippe Horvath and Emmanuelle Charpentier
(C) George Church and Jennifer Doudna
(D) Martin Jinek and Philippe Horvath
(E) Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A Doudna
- What was the real name of Veteran Bollywood actor, Vishal Anand who died recently?
(A) Om Shivpuri
(E) Mac Mohan
- What will be the name of India’s largest HPC-AI supercomputer that will commissioned by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) which will place India among the top countries in global AI supercomputing research and innovation?
(A) PARAM Daksh– AI
(B) PARAM Lakshya– AI
(C) PARAM Kushal– AI
(D) PARAM Siddhi – AI
(E) PARAM Yukti – AI
- Which private sector bank has become the first to launch a debit card facility for the customers to avail the Loan Against Securities (LAS) from the Bank and also is available on the Visa platform?
(A) HDFC Bank
(B) Axis Bank
(C) Yes Bank
(D) ICICI Bank
(E) IDBI Bank
- Which women’s cricket team has recently equaled the world record for the most consecutive ODI victories after defeating New Zealand by 232 runs in the third ODI of the three-match series?
(A) Australia women’s cricket team
(B) England women’s cricket team
(C) Pakistan women’s cricket team
(D) South Africa women’s cricket team
(E) West Indies women’s cricket team
ANSWERS: – 10(A)