29th December 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
Here we are Providing Top 10 Current Affairs of 29th December 2020 and Daily News are the most important topics for any competitive exams with Questions & Answers for SSC, Bank & Railway Exams. So Solve daily quizzes that will help you memorize the topics.
Daily Current Affairs 29th December 2020 in English
- How many amendments have been made in the Indian Constitution till date and what was the recent one?
(A) 106; It provides for 10% reservation in government jobs and educational institutions for the economically weaker section in the unreserved category.
(B) 104; It extended the reservation of seats for SCs and STs in the Lok Sabha and states assemblies.
(C) 102; It provides constitutional status to the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC).
(D) 105; It ratified the land boundary agreement between India and Bangladesh.
ANSWERS: – 1(B)
- In order to function as a watchdog of democratic values, the media needs to fulfil some essential objectives. While taking into consideration the guidelines of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, which of the following is not appropriate as an objective of media?
(A) Separation of news from opinion
(B) Not to give one sided account of events.
(C) Give only reports that are based on facts.
(D) Fraternization of news and business interests of the newspaper.
ANSWERS: – 2(D)
- Jago Grahak Jago, a consumer awareness programme by the Indian government was launched under the ministry of:
(A) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
(B) Ministry if Communications
(C) Ministry of Consumer and Public Distribution
(D) Ministry of Education
ANSWERS: – 3(C)
- Which among the following bill passed recently allows farmers to sell their produce outside the Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) regulated markets?
(A) The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill 2020
(B) The Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020
(C) The Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Code, 2020
(D) The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill, 2020
ANSWERS: – 4(B)
- The World Menstrual Hygiene Day, which is celebrated on May 28th as an annual awareness day to highlight the importance of good period hygiene, was initiated by a German based NGO named:
(A) WASH United
(B) World Toilet Organization
(C) Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor
(D) KURVE Wustrow
ANSWERS: – 5(A)
- Which of the following statement/s regarding the functions of RBI is true?
- It has the right to issue to issue all the banknotes and currency of the country.
- It guides and directs all the commercial banks and Non-Banking Finance companies in the country.
- It has the right to inspect any bank and its book, ask for its account and conduct special audit.
(A) Only 2) is true
(B) 1) and 2) are true
(C) 2) and 3) are true
(D) 1), 2) and 3) are true
ANSWERS: – 6(C)
- Which among the following statements follow true for the Governor of a state in India?
- The powers and functions of a Governor are similar to those of the President, but at the state level.
- The Governor appoints the Chief Minister and other ministers, the Chairperson and members of the State Public Service Commission.
- The Governor appoints the state’s Advocate General.
(A) Only 1) follows
(B) Only 2) follows
(C) Only 1) and 2) follows
(D) 1), 2) and 3) follows
ANSWERS: – 7(D)
- What among the following is not true regarding the intellectual property MoU between India and US?
- It is expected to encourage collaboration in training programs, exchange of experts, technical exchanges and outreach activities.
- It is expected to foster their cooperation to understand various issues related to traditional knowledge and the exchange of best practices.
- It also provides for the exchange of information on the development and implementation of automation and modernisation projects, new documentation and information systems in IP and procedures for management of IP office services.
(A) Only 1) follows
(B) Only 2) is true
(C) Only 1) and 2) are true
(D) 1), 2) and 3) are true
ANSWERS: – 8(D)
- World Bank to extend $381 million loan for Ganga project
Which of the following are correctly matched with their tributaries?
List 1 List 2
(C) 1 only
ANSWERS: – 9(B)
- Match the following Covid-19 vaccines with the company that manufactured it.
- mRNA- 1273 Serum Institute
- AZD1222 Moderna
- BNT 162 University of Oxford
- CDX 005 Pfizer
(A) 1-a, 2-c, 3-d, 4-b
(B) 1-d, 2-c, 3-b, 4-a
(C) 1-b, 2-c, 3-d, 4-a
(D) 1-a, 2-d, 3-c, 4-b
ANSWERS: – 10(C)