24 August 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
24 August Current Affairs and Daily News is the most important topics for any competitive exam. Here we are Providing daily Current Affairs 2020 (Hindi/English) with Questions & Answers for SSC, Bank & Railway Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 24th August 2020
- What is the name of the Former Australian skipper who has announced his retirement from all forms of professional cricket, ending a 20-year illustrious career?
(A) Brad Hodge
(B) James Hopes
(C) George Bailey
(D) Cameron White
(E) Nathan Hauritz
- Who has been appointed as new Election Commissioner following resignation of Ashok Lavasa?
(A) Rajiv Kumar
(D) Rajive Kumar
(E) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- Which city police is conducting a unique campaign ‘EkSankalp – BujargokeNaam’ in Madhya Pradesh amid corona infection?
- Recently the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the proposed acquisition of C&S Electric Ltd by whom?
(A) Robert Bosch
(C) Siemens Ltd.
- Name the first foreign bank which has launched a green deposit program in India for its corporate clients, thus offering them an avenue to support eco-friendly projects?
(B) HSBC Bank
(C) Royal Bank of Canada
(D) Bank of America
(E) Bank of England
- Name the CEO of Amazon’s global consumer business who is going to retire next year?
(A) Jeff Wilke
(B) Jeffrey Bezos
(C) Patricia Stonesifer
(D) Thomas Ryder
(E) Jonathan Jake
- Who won World Snooker Championship 2020?
(A) Judd Trump
(B) Mark Selby
(C) John Higgins
(D) Neil Robertson
(E) Ronnie O’Sullivan
- Which of the following is not a member country of the group of the “Quadrilateral Security Dialogue” or Quad, which is loose group for national security consultation?
(A) United States
- Which company becomes the first Indian firm to test a COVID-19 vaccine candidate in both intradermal and intramuscular methods?
(B) Indian Immunologicals Limited
(C) Bharat Biotech
(E) Biological Limited
- Music legend PanditJasraj, who recently passed away, was conferred with Padma Vibhushan in which year?
ANSWERS: – 1(D) 2(A) 3(B) 4(C) 5(B) 6(A) 7(E) 8(E) 9(C) 10(C)