21 August 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
21 August Current Affairs and Daily News is the most important topics for any competitive exam. Here we are Providing daily Current Affairs 2020 (Hindi/English) with Questions & Answers for SSC, Bank & Railway Exams.
Current Affairs 2020 (Hindi/English)
- Angela Buxton, who passed away recently, was associated with which sport?
(D) Table Tennis
- Who has been sworn in as president of the Dominican Republic?
(A) Gonzalo Castillo Terrero
(B) Danilo Medina
(C) Luis Rodolfo Abinader
(D) Leonel Fernandez
(E) Raquel ArbajeSoni
- Which Bank has launched digital ‘Loan against Securities’ scheme, a unique solution enabling customers to mark their mutual funds digitally and avail quick and hassle-free loans?
(A) Bank of India
(B) Punjab National Bank
(C) ICICI Bank
(D) Axis Bank
(E) Yes Bank
- Recently Muthoot Finance has joined hands with whom to provide COVID-19 insurance cover up to Rs 1 lakh against gold loan?
(A) Tata AIG General Insurance Company
(B) Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
(C) Reliance General Insurance
(D) Kotak Mahindra General Insurance
(E) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Which city bagged India’s cleanest Megacity title in the SwachhSurvekshan 2020 report launched by MoUHA?
- Who has been appointed as the CEO of the new entity launched by National Payments Corporation of India for overseas expansion?
(A) Ravindra Pandey
(B) Ajay Kumar Kapoor
(E) Ritesh Shukla
- What is the name of the Pharmaceutical company, which is a maker of autoimmune disease drugs, has been brought by J&J for about $6.5 billion?
(A) Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
(B) Momenta Pharmaceuticals
(D) Jounce Therapeutics
- Which company becomes the world’s only second company to hit $2 trillion market cap?
(A) Apple Inc.
(C) Google Inc.
(D) Tesla Inc.
- Recently how much loan has been approved by Asian Development Bank to support the construction of the modern, high-speed Delhi-Meerut regional rapid transit system, a first of its kind in India?
(A) $0.75 Billion
(B) $0.5 Billion
(C) $1.25 Billion
(D) $1 Billion
(E) $1.5 Billion
- What is the name of the ‘Star Trek’, ‘Chariots of Fire’ actor, who died recently?
(A) Ian Charleson
(B) Eric Liddell
(C) Theo Cross
(D) Hugh Hudson
(E) Ben Cross
ANSWERS: – 1(A) 2(C) 3(E) 4(D) 5(B) 6(E) 7(B) 8(A) 9(D) 10(E)