18th November 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
Here we are Providing Top 10 Current Affairs of 18th November 2020 and Daily News are the most important topics for any competitive exams with Questions & Answers for SSC, Bank & Railway Exams. So Solve daily quizzes that will help you memorize the topics.
Daily Current Affairs 18th November 2020 in English
- It is India’s largest butterfly, according to a recent research, the female of the species wingspan of 194 mm, is marginally larger than the Southern Birdwing (190 mm), whereas male butterfly’s wingspan is 106 mm only. Specify the name of the butterfly.
(A) Blue Mormon
(B) Dark Blue Tiger
(C) Golden Birdwing
(D) Malabar Banded Peacock
ANSWERS: – 1(C)
- India is planning to acquire Heron Surveillance Drones which can fly continuously for more than two days from an altitude of more than 10 kilometres, and Spike Anti-tank Guided Missiles. They belong to which of the following countries?
(A) United Kingdom
(B) United States of America
- In recent years, over one lakh city residents took part in the ‘Umbrella Revolution’ to protest against China’s denial of democratic reforms. In which country did this take place?
(C) Hong Kong
- The ‘Natuna Regency’ is an archipelago of 272 islands located in the south part of which of the following seas of the world.
(B) Black sea
(C) Mediterranean Sea
(D) South China Sea
- Consider the following statements about National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB).
- It was established in 2012 as an autonomous organization under the administrative control of the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India
- NFDB was established to enhance fish production and productivity in the country and to coordinate fishery development in an integrated and holistic manner.
- Deep sea fishing is not a part of NFDB.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
(A) 1 and 3 only
(B) 2 only
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) 3 only
- Consider the following statements regarding the National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
- It has been entrusted with the responsibility for planning and promoting training and research in the area of disaster management.
- The Institute constituted under an Act of Parliament, works under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- NIDM is gearing up only the national administration to tackle natural calamities
- Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(A) 1 and 3 only
(B) 2 only
(C) 1 and 2 only
(D) 3 only
- Consider the following statements regarding Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MNREGA) Scheme.
- MGNREGA is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Labor and employment.
- It guarantees at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year, to every household whose adult members volunteer to do skilled work.
- MGNREGA aims to enhance the livelihood security of people in rural areas.
- It also enables a large number of rural youths to take up industry relevant skill training.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(A) Only 2 and 4
(B) only 4
(C) Only 3
(D) Only 2
- Consider the following statements with respect to NISHTHA Programme
- It is a Central Sector Scheme under the Samagra Shiksha Mission.
- It is a capacity building programme that aims to build competencies among all the teachers and school principals at the Secondary stage.
- The program is being organized by constituting both National and State Resource Groups at the National and the State level respectively.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(A) 1 and 2 only
(B) 2 and 3 only
(C) 3 only
- Consider the following wildlife sanctuaries and national parks below and Match the following list 1 with list 2 and choose the correct answer from the codes given below
List 1 List 2
- Sonai Rupai 1. West Bengal
- Kaibul Lamjo 2. Mizoram
- Morleen 3. Manipur
- Jaldapara 4. Arunachal Pradesh
A B C D
(A) 4 2 3 1
(B) 3 2 4 1
(C) 4 3 2 1
(D) 2 4 1 3
10 Identify these celestial bodies and Match the following:
(i) Comets (A) Smaller pieces of rock & dust enlisting the sun.
(ii) Asteroid Belt (B) Made of dirty ice, gas & dust.
(iii) Asteroids (C) Round shaped concentration of asteroids enlisting the sun.
(iv) Meteorites (D) Rocky & metallic objects known as minor planets.
(A) i – a , ii – b, iii – c, iv – d
(B) i – b, ii – a, iii – d, iv – c
(C) i – b, ii – c, iii – d, iv – a
(D) i – d, ii – b, iii – a, iv – c