17th September 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
Here we are Providing Top 10 Current Affairs of 17 September 2020 and Daily News are the most important topics for any competitive exams with Questions & Answers for SSC, Bank & Railway Exams. So Solve daily quizzes that will help you memorize the topics.
Daily Current Affairs 17th September 2020 in English
- Who has been elected as RajyaSabha Deputy Chairman?
(A) Manoj Kumar
(B) Anand Sharma
(C) Harivansh Narayan Singh
(D) GhulamNabi Azad
(E) None of the above
- With respect to the guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India recently for the appointment of Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in banks, consider the following statements:
- The CCO should be appointed for a fixed tenure of not less than three years.
- Only executives of the respected bank should be recruited as CCO and he/she should not be recruited from outside.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(A) 1 only
(B) 2 only
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
(E) Data inadequate
- The ‘Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan (PMGK) Package Insurance Scheme for Health Workers Fighting COVID-19’ has been extended by the government. What is the new extended time period of the scheme?
(A) December 2020
(B) March 2021
(C) January 2021
(D) February 2021
(E) October 2020
- Union Cabinet has recently approved to set up new AIIMS under the Pradhan MantriSwasthyaSurakshaYojana (PMSSY) in which city of Bihar?
- Name the player who has been appointed by Paytm as the brand ambassador for its gaming platform Paytm First Games (PFG)?
(A) MS Dhoni
(B) Rohit Sharma
(D) Sachin Tendulkar
(E) Sourav Ganguly
- The Engineer’s Day in India is observed to mark the birth anniversary of______.?
(B) Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman
(D) Satish Dhawan
(E) (A) P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Which of the following countries has signed Abraham Accords in a signing ceremony presided over by United States President Donald Trump at the White House.
(A) UAE, Bahrain, Iraq
(B) Iraq, Israel, Russia
(C) Israel, UAE and Bahrain
(D) UAE, Russia, China
(E) Pakistan, China ,Japan
- Union Education Minister launched which programme to promote healthy co-curricular activity amongst the students for their all-round development.?
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval to the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project on which of the following route.?
(A) Palwal to Hisar viaSohna-Manesar-Kharkhauda.
(B) Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna-Manesar-Kharkhauda.
(C) Palwal to Panipath via Sohna-Rohtak-Kharkhauda.
(D) Panipath to Rohtak via Sohna-Sonipath-Kharkhauda.
(E) Hisar to Sonipat via Sohna-Manesar-Palwal
- Essential Commodities comes under which act that central government has Amendment that empowers the central government in terms of production, supply, distribution, trade, and commerce of certain commodities?
(A) Essential Commodities Act, 1978
(B) Essential Commodities Act, 1956
(C) Essential Commodities Act, 1971
(D) Essential Commodities Act, 1955
(E) None of the above
ANSWERS: – 1(C) 2(A) 3(B) 4(B) 5(D) 6(C) 7(C) 8(C) 9(B) 10(D)