Current Affairs of 28 Dec 2019 Latest Update
As we all know that General Awareness section is one of the most scoring sections in every exam. So, you need to prepare this section from the right source. In order to boost your confidence in General Awareness section, we started this initiative in which we will provide daily current insight to you. We will be providing you daily bullet points based on current events which are important for your General Awareness section. These current affair posts will be useful for your upcoming banking, RRB, RBI Assistant, SSC & state level exams.
Niranjan Hiranandani has been appointed as new president of the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
- Niranjan Hiranandani, Co-Founder and Managing Director of the respected and well-diversified Hiranandani Group has taken over as the new President of the Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), the country’s apex organisation of industry and trade.
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) is one of the apex trade associations of India.
Tamil Nadu has topped the recently released Good Governance Index under ‘Big States’ group
- The southern state of Tamil Nadu has bagged the top position in the composite ranking for good governance index (GGI), followed by Maharashtra and Karnataka.
- Chhattisgarh has got the fourth position, followed by Andhra Pradesh (fifth), Gujarat (sixth), Haryana (seventh) and Kerala at the eight rank.
James Anderson has become the first specialist bowler in history to play 150 Test matches
- James Anderson became the first specialist bowler and the 9th cricketer overall to play 150 Tests.
- He is second on the list of Test caps for England, behind Alastair Cook (161).
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) railway station recently got the ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with the five-star rating by FSSAI for food safety and hygiene
- Iconic Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) railway station in Mumbai has been conferred with ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with the five-star rating by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) for food safety and hygiene.
Recently the second edition of ‘Eat Right Mela’ has started in New Delhi
- The mela is an effort to encourage citizens on having a healthy diet and reduce the disease burden in the country.
- The theme of the event is Theme: Healthier Diets
- The event was organized by the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) along with National Association of Street Vendor.
Allee Willis is the songwriter of famous TV series ‘Friends’, died recently
- Songwriter Allee Willis, famous for her work with Earth, Wind & Fire as well as the “Friends” theme and the “The Color Purple” Broadway song score, died Tuesday in Los Angeles. She was 72.
The first university for the transgender community in India is being built by All-India transgender education service trust
- The university is being built by Akhil Bhartiya Kinnar Siksha Seva Trust (All-India transgender education service trust).
- The university will facilitate its members to study right from class 1 to Post Graduate (PG) and even do research and get PhD degree.
Swachchh Samundra NW-2019 is the name of the two-day regional level pollution response exercise organized by Indian Coast Guard (ICG) recently
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) conducted a two-day regional level pollution response exercise named ‘Swachchh Samundra NW-2019’ at sea off Vadinar in Gulf of Kutch.
UNICEF has awarded Kamareddy district of Telangana for effective implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission in water sanitation and hygiene sectors for the year 2019
- Kamareddy district of Telangana has secured the United Nations International Children’s and Education Fund (Unicef)-2019 Award.
- The district has won the award for effective implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission in water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Recently, Batsman Rohit Sharma has broken the 22-year-old record of Sanath Jayasuriya batsman for scoring the most runs in a calendar year
- India’s Rohit Sharma on Sunday broke Sanath Jayasuriya’s 22-year-old record for most runs in a calendar year by an opener across formats while skipper Virat Kohli reaffirmed his supreme status by finishing as the leading run-getter in 2019.