Current Affairs of 27 Dec 2019 Latest Updates
we all know that current affairs section is one of the most scoring sections in every exam. So, you need to prepare this section from the right source. In order to boost your confidence in General Awareness section, we started this initiative in which we will provide daily current insight to you. We will be providing you daily bullet points based on current events which are important for your General Awareness section. These current affair posts will be useful for your upcoming banking, RRB, RBI Assistant, SSC & state level exams.
Federal Bank bank has partnered with Magicbricks for the listing and e-auctioning of immovable properties, repossessed by the bank through recovery proceedings
- The pan-India arrangement between Magicbricks and Federal Bank aims to recover dues in 30 major accounts amounting to Rs 50 crore in Q4FY20.
- Ashutosh Khajuria, is the executive director and chief financial officerof Federal Bank.
- Sudhir Pai, is the CEO of Magicbricks.
Anoop Mishra has recently been awarded the Army Design Bureau Excellence Award for developing ‘Sarvatra’ bulletproof jacket
- In a step that can make Pakistan Army snipers ineffective on the Line of Control, an Indian Army officer Major Anoop Mishra has developed a bullet-proof jacket named ‘Sarvatra’ which can provide protection to troops from lethal sniper rifle bullets as well.
- The officer was awarded the Army Design Bureau Excellence Award by Army Chief General Bipin Rawat at the Army Technology Seminar.
Atal Bhujal Yojana scheme has recently been approved by the Union Cabinet worth Rs 6,000 crore for the permanent management of ground water resources
- The scheme will cover 8,350 villages of Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
- The scheme envisages active participation of the communities in various activities such as formation of water user associations, monitoring and disseminating groundwater data, water budgeting, preparation and implementation of gram panchayat-wise water security plans and information, education and communication (IEC) activities related to sustainable groundwater management.
Kumar Sanjay Krishna has been appointed as the new chief secretary of Assam
- Sanjay Krishna opened his career as IAS (probationary) in Jorhat in 1985.
- He was the MD (Managing Director) of ATC (Assam Tea Corporation ), the Secretary of the Food & Civil Supplies Department, the Commissioner of Education, and as the Principal Secretary Planning & Development in Assam.
Ganga Prasad Vimal, who died recently, was the noted writer of Hindi language
- Famous Hindi author Ganga Prasad Vimal was recently killed in a road accident in Sri Lanka.
- Ganga Prasad was an author, translator, and professor at Jawahar Lal Nehru University. According to the media reports, Ganga Prasad Vimal was going with his family in a van from South Galle Town towards Colombo.
Leander Paes the first Indian and only tennis player to compete at seven Olympic Games, who recently announced his retirement
- He competed in consecutive Olympics from 1992 to 2016, becoming the first Indian and only tennis player to compete at seven Games.
- He is a former Davis Cup team captain, and holds the record for the most Davis Cup doubles wins with 44 victories. He has 18 Grand Slam titles.
India’s first long distance Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) bus project has been executed by Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL)
- Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan today unveiled India’s first long distance Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) bus fitted with composite CNG cylinders, which can travel around 1,000 kilometre in a single fill.
- The project has been executed by Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) and has been achieved through design of Type IV Composite Cylinders in buses, replacing traditional very heavy Type-I Carbon Steel cylinders.
Telangana state government has decided to raise the retirement age of employees of the Road Transport Corporation, RTC to 60 from the current 58 years
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has signed on the file pertaining to the increase in the age limit for retirement of the RTC staff.
Ellyse Perry the only female Player, who has been included in the list of five cricketers of the decade announced by Wisden
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli is one of the five players named in the Wisden Cricketers of the Decade.
- Kohli joins Australian batsman Steve Smith, and South Africans, Dale Steyn, and AB de Villiers.
- Australian all-rounder Ellyse Perry is the only female cricketer in the list.
Martin Peters, who died recently, was related to Football
- Peters won the UEFA Cup and two League Cups with Tottenham
- Peters was part of the 1966 World Cup-winning side and scored in the final against West Germany.