Current Affairs of 26 Dec 2019 Latest Update
As we all know that current affairs section is one of the most scoring sections in every exam. So, you need to prepare this section from the right source. In order to boost your confidence in General Awareness section, we started this initiative in which we will provide daily current insight to you. We will be providing you daily bullet points based on current events which are important for your General Awareness section. These current affair posts will be useful for your upcoming banking, RRB, RBI Assistant, SSC & state level exams .
David Calhoun has been named as the new Chief Executive Officer of Boeing, American Aerospace company
- Boeing replaced its embattled chief executive, Dennis Muilenburg, as it attempts to pivot from a protracted crisis surrounding the grounding of its top-selling 737 Max after two deadly crashes.
- Boeing named board Chairman David Calhoun as chief executive and president.
Recently the Delhi Cabinet has approved Electric vehicle policy to tackle air pollution
- Under the policy, the government aims to make electric vehicles 25% of all new vehicles registered in the city by 2024.
- Also, the government will develop public charging infrastructure, install charging stations every three km and give subsidies to people buying electric vehicles.
M S Dhoni has been named captain of Cricket Australia’s (CA) ODI team of the decade
- India’s World Cup-winning former captain MS Dhoni has been named the captain of Cricket Australia’s (CA) ODI team of the decade.
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli and opener Rohit Sharma were also named in the CA’s ODI team of the decade.
- Virat Kohli was also named as the captain of CA’s Test team of the decade.
Bank of Baroda has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Gujarat state government to facilitate the flow of credit to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs)
- The credit will be provided to the MSME sector for greenfield projects, startups, women entrepreneurs, and entrepreneurs from backward areas under the Gujarat Single Window Clearance Act 2017
- The customers can register their request on the link available on the Gujarat government’s single window portal.
Andhra Pradesh government has launched ‘NetannaNestham’ welfare scheme for handloom weavers in the state
- The YSR Netanna Nestham (weaver’s friend) scheme provides an annual incentive of Rs 24,000 for handloom weavers in the state.
- The CM launched the scheme in Dharmavaram, a town in Anantapur district which is known for its handloom sarees and is home to a large community of weavers.
Dr Sangita Reddy took charge as the new President of FICCI
- Dr Sangita Reddy, Joint Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Group, has taken over as FICCI President from Mr Sandip Somany, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, HSIL Limited, at the apex chamber’s 92nd Annual Convention in New Delhi.
Recently President Ram Nath Kovind has launched the Red Cross Society of India mobile app for Telangana state
- Developed by the Telangana Centre for Good Governance in less than three months, the mobile app is accessible in all languages.
- So far, 13 lakh members including junior red cross members downloaded the app.
The ‘Janata Clinic’ scheme is an initiative of Rajasthan state
- Janta clinics are all set to redefine healthcare facilities in the city as the health department is roping in NGOs for paperless registration of patients as doctors will prescribe medicines on computer applications.
- A computerised machine will be installed at the Janta clinic, on which a patient will file his/her details on his/her own or with a helper.
- The prescription will go to pharmacists directly online and the patients will get medicines as well as the prescriptions from the pharmacist.
Janta clinics will be different from urban Primary Health Centres (PHCs) as Janata clinics will have out patient department and will focus on child and reproductive health services.
- In a unique initiative to tackle air pollution, an ”Oxygen Parlour” has recently been opened at Nashik railway station in Maharashtra
- The initiative seeks to provide an experience of breathing clean air to the commuters.
- It has been set up by Indian Railways in collaboration with Airo Guard, a one of the leading consultancies in field of plant nurseries based in Nashik.
- The objective behind setting up Parlor is to expand this initiative to every railway station as well as every home.
- There are nearly 1500 plants in Oxygen Parlour, so, these plants can directly and effectively bring down the pollution in the air at the railway station and allow the people to breathe cleaner air.
Maharashtra state has topped the chart of cases of sexual harassment of women at work places, registered at the She-Box, online complaint management system
- Maharashtra tops the chart of cases of sexual harassment of women at work places, registered at the SHe-Box, against the general perception of the state being ”safe for women”.
- The Sexual Harassment electronic Box or SHe-Box is an online complaint management system, developed by the Ministry, Government of India.
- Uttar Pradesh was at number two with a total 65 cases registered on the SHe Box.
- Delhi had 50 cases registered and Tamil Nadu had 48 cases.