Current Affairs of 24 Dec 2019
Current Affairs 2019
New India Aspiring for a USD 5 trillion economy is the theme of ASSOCHAM’s annual conference
- The theme of the event was ‘New India Aspiring for a USD 5 trillion economy’. The event was organised on the completion of 100 years of ASSOCHAM.
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) is one of the apex trade associations of India.
RBI has announced to buy and sell government securities under OMO(Open Market Operation) for Rs 10000 crore each.
- RBI after a “review of the current liquidity and market situation and an assessment of the evolving financial conditions” decided to conduct the transactions.
- What is OMO: Open market operations is the sale and purchase of government securities and treasury bills by RBI or the central bank of the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will unveil a 25-ft bronze statue of Atal Bihari Vajpayee former Prime Minister in Lucknow
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to visit Lucknow on December 25 to unveil a statue of former Prime Minister and Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee that has been installed in Lok Bhawan.
Veteran writer L S Sheshagiri, who died recently, was widely known for his English-Kannada dictionary
- Popularly known as Professor LSS, he became famous for cataloging the English-Kannada dictionary.Prof LSS was the first chairman of the Kannada Book Authority.
- He was also the honorary secretary of the Kannada Sahitya Parishat.
KemboiI Ezekiel Kipruto and Meskerem Tesfaye Fikadu have claimed the men’s and women’s titles, respectively, in the 2019 Hainan Danzhou International Marathon
- Kenya’s KemboiI Ezekiel Kipruto and Ethiopia’s Meskerem Tesfaye Fikadu on Sunday claimed the men’s and women’s titles, in the 2019 Hainan Danzhou International Marathon at Danzhou city in southern China’s island province of Hainan.
- Hainan Danzhou International Marathon featured three races this year: marathon, half marathon, and mini-marathon (5km).
Vidushi Savita Devi, who passed away recently, was famous for Thumri singing style of Indian classical music
- The daughter and disciple of late Padmashri Smt Siddheshwari Devi, Savita Devi, carved a niche for herself in the world of Indian classical music as an inimitable vocalist.
Etihad Credit Insurance the UAE’s export credit agency, which has recently signed a MoU with the Export Credit Guarantee Agency of Oman to enhance trade and economic cooperation between the two countries
- This partnership will provide incentives to UAE businesses that are looking to expand globally by providing them mutual opportunities for insurance, reinsurance, co-insurance services for export of goods, investments and services from ECI and Credit Oman.
Meiraba Luwang Indian shuttler has won the Men’s singles Bangladesh Junior International Badminton Series 2019 in Dhaka
- India’s shuttler Maisnam Meiraba Luwang has won the Men’s singles. Top-seeded Meiraba, who hails from Manipur, beat Ken Yong Ong.
- Meiraba had defeated another Malaysian, M Fazriq Mohamad Razif, in the semifinals.
Monisha Ghosh has been appointed as the first woman Chief Technology Officer at the US government’s powerful Federal Communications Commission
- Indian-American Dr Monisha Ghosh has been appointed as the first woman Chief Technology Officer at the US government’s powerful Federal Communications Commission.She replaces Dr Eric Burger.
Russia and Germany have signed a project recently, which is related to Gas pipeline project
- The Nord Stream 2 pipeline to take Russian gas to Germany is arguably Europe’s most controversial energy project.
See also this topic <3
Current Affair 2019 21 December