Current Affairs of 23 Dec 2019
Current Affairs 2019 of 23 Dec 2019
Anand Srinivasan has been appointed as the new Managing Di grector (MD) of Covestro India
- Producer of high performance polymers, Covestro India announced the appointment of Anand Srinivasan as its new Managing Director (MD).
- Srinivasan is currently heading the polycarbonates division and would replace Ajay Durrani who served as the MD of the company for six years.
Belgium football team has been crowned FIFA ”Team of the Year” 2019
- Belgium is the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking’s ‘Team of the Year’ for the second successive time after a record-breaking year for the global ladder.
- World champions France and Brazil also remain in second and third.
- The Ranking’s ‘Mover of the Year’, meanwhile, is Qatar.
Devesh Srivastava has been appointed as chairman and MD of national reinsurer General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re)
- The government has appointed Devesh Srivastava as chairman and MD of national reinsurer General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re).
- The government has also appointed Malay Kumar Poddar as chairman and MD of Agriculture Insurance Corporation of India.
Afghanistan country became the first to recognize Indian Pharmacopoeia
- Afghanistan has become the first country to recognize IP pursuant to the efforts of Department of Commerce and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- IP is an officially recognized book of standards as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Rules 1945 there under. The IP specifies the standards of drugs manufactured and marketed in India in terms of their identity, purity and strength.
Thomas Chandy, who died recently, was the famous Politician
- Former Kerala minister and NCP state president Thomas Chandy, MLA, passed away.
- The businessman-turned politician represents Kuttanad constituency in Alappuzha district in the state Assembly
Mirabai Chanu Indian weightlifter has won the gold in women’s 49kg category at the 6th Qatar International Cup in Doha
- Former world champion, weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu won the women’s 49kg category gold medal to open India’s account at the 6th Qatar International Cup in Doha.
- The 24-year-old Manipuri lifted 83kg in snatch and 111kg in clean and jerk to finish on top of the podium.
Recently Ethiopia launched its first satellite and with this it became 11th African country to put a satellite into space.
- Ethiopia launched its first satellite on Friday, a landmark achievement for the country’s space program that caps a banner year for the African space industry. It is the eighth launch of an African satellite this year.41 African satellites have now been launched.
Abhinav Lohan won Bengaluru Open Golf Championship 2019
- Abhinav Lohan recorded his breakthrough win on the PGTI, securing a narrow one-shot triumph at the Bengaluru Open golf championship.
- It was Lohan”s first title on the TATA Steel PGTI and second win of the year as he had also emerged victorious at the PGTI Feeder Tour event in Lucknow two months back.
Rafael Nadal and Ashleigh Barty have been named International Tennis Federation’s (ITF) World Champions for 2019
- Ashleigh Barty and Rafa Nadal were named International Tennis Federation’s (ITF) World Champions.
- The 23-year-old also became the first Australian woman to reach the WTA world number one.
- Barty also lifted the season-ending WTA Finals trophy.
CV Ramulu has been appointed as the Lokayukta of Telangana
- High Court judge Justice C V Ramulu and former Law Secretary V Niranjan Rao as Lokayukta and Upa-Lokayukta respectively.
Trending Question Answer
All see the last current affairs
Current Affair 2019 21 December