Current Affairs of 1 January 2020 Latest Update
As, we all know that General Awareness section is one of the most scoring sections in every exam. So, you need to prepare this section from the right source. In order to boost your confidence in General Awareness section, we started this initiative in which we will provide daily current insight to you. We will be providing you daily bullet points based on current events which are important for your General Awareness section. These Current Affair posts will be useful for your upcoming banking, RRB, RBI Assistant, SSC & state level exams.
Nirmala Sitharaman has released a postage stamp to commemorate distinguished service and glorious contribution of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) in protecting the nation
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Thursday released a postage stamp to commemorate distinguished service and glorious contribution of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) in protecting the nation.
MiG-27 the fighter jets of Indian Air Force, which played an important role in the 1999 Kargil War has recently retired after 35 yrs of service
- The MiG-27, known to NATO as the ‘Flogger’ and to the IAF as ‘Bahadur’ flew its last sortie today.
- The last MiG-27 unit to operate the jet, Number 29 Squadron, bid farewell to the jet in Jodhpur where seven aircraft participated in a flypast.
Da Chen, died recently, was the famous Author
- China’s brilliant storyteller, Da Chen, who created the critically acclaimed memoir “Colours of the Mountain” passed away recently.
- In “Colours of the Mountain” he recounted the abuses he and his family suffered during the latter years of the country’s Cultural Revolution.
- The book was published in seven languages. His last book which was published recently was “Girl Under a Red Moon”
All Lets see the Best Topic of Static GK for SSC
Shadab Jakati is the former Chennai Super Kings Spinner, recently announced his retirement from all forms of cricket
- Jakati, who was part of the cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL) in which he played for Chennai Super Kings (CSK), has also represented the now defunct Gujarat Lions and Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB).
- Jakati made his first-class debut in the 1998/99 season and played his last first-class game against Punjab in October 2017.
Recently China has launched Shijian-20 of its heaviest and most advanced communication satellite on its largest new carrier rocket Long March 5
- China’s biggest rocket, the Long March 5, returned to flight for the first time since a 2017 failure Friday in a dazzling nighttime launch for the Chinese space program.
Vikas Sabnis the Veteran Political cartoonist, passed away recently
- He was inspired by Bal Thackeray and RK Laxman.
- He has also worked as a staff cartoonist at various newspapers, including the Times of India and the Mid-day.
- He made caricatures and political cartoons on various subjects and issues. These ranges from local to international levels.
Theme of DefExpo India 2020 is India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub
- The 11th biennial edition of DefExpo India-2020 is scheduled to be held for the first time in Uttar Pradesh’s capital Lucknow.
- It offers an excellent opportunity for the Indian defence industry to showcase its capabilities and promote its export potential.
- Main theme of the DefExpo India-2020 will be ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’ and focus will be on ‘Digital Transformation of Defence’.
Recently the Reserve Bank of India has directed large cooperative banks to report all exposures of Rs 5 crore and more to the CRILC.
- CRILC stands for: Central Repository of Information on Large Credits
- The Reserve Bank has created a CRILC of commercial banks, all India financial institutions and certain non-banking financial companies with multiple objectives.
Russia has recently announced the induction of Avanguard hypersonic missile into service
- Russia’s first regiment of Avangard hypersonic missiles has been put into service.
- The nuclear-capable missiles can travel more than 20 times the speed of sound.
- They have a “glide system” that affords great manoeuvrability and could make them impossible to defend against.
Commonwealth Championship silver medallist weightlifter Seema has recently been banned by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) for four years
- Seema won a silver medal in the 2017 Commonwealth Championships and finished sixth in the women’s 75kg competition at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in 2018.
- The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) said Seema’s dope sample was collected this year during the 34th Women National Weightlifting Championship in Vishakhapatnam.
All Latest update of current affairs 2020 today in available on yourclasses .