Current Affairs of 04 Jan 2020 Latest Updates
We all know that General Awareness section is one of the most scoring sections in every exam. So, you need to prepare this section from the right source. In order to boost your confidence in General Awareness section, we started this initiative in which we will provide daily current insight to you. We will be providing you daily bullet points based on current events which are important for your General Awareness section. These current affair posts will be useful for your upcoming banking, RRB, RBI Assistant, SSC & state level exams.
Commonwealth Championship silver medallist weightlifter Seema has recently been banned by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) for Four years
- The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) said Seema’s dope sample was collected this year during the 34th Women National Weightlifting Championship in Vishakhapatnam.
- Seema won a silver medal in the 2017 Commonwealth Championships and finished sixth in the women’s 75kg competition at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in 2018.
Shiv Sharma former Director-General of Doordarshan, died recently
- Sharma was associated with coverage of Asian games in 1982.
- He has also supervised coverage of various national and international events. Earlier, He has also served in All India Radio.
According to ‘Year in Search 2019’ Google report, Ratan Tata has emerged as India’s most searched business tycoon
- While the most searched personality was Indian Air Force (IAF) fighter pilot Abhinanadan Varthaman.
- The Tata Group patriarch was Google’s most searched Indian business personality in 2019. Even after retirement in 2012.
Recently the National Symposium of Poets – 2020 has been organized by All India radio
- National Symposium of Poets – 2020 was today organized by All India Radio.
- Poets from all corners of the country gave their presentations and captivated the hearts of the people.
Night Walk scheme is being organized by the Government of Kerala to promote women empowerment
- There are two main objectives behind the night walk. Women go out in the middle of the night and are in a state of mental anguish and fear. Our first aim is to remove them.
- The second is to alert the police as soon as possible and take action against such people.
Recently, under Project Kuiper American firm company Amazon will launch thousands of satellites into space
- The effort, code-named Project Kuiper, follows up on last September’s mysterious reports that Amazon was planning a “big, audacious space project” involving satellites and space-based systems.
Koneru Humpy has won the 2019 Women’s World Rapid Chess Champion
- Koneru Humpy, India’s young woman Grandmaster, has won the World Rapid Championship 2019 title. She defeated Lei Tingjie of China in the Women’s World Rapid Chess Championship.
Recently, Udayan Mane has won the TATA Steel Tour Championship 2019
- Pune-based Udayan Mane produced a flawless seven-under 65 on the final day to claim a thrilling one-shot win at the season-ending TATA Steel Tour Championship.
- It was Mane’s eighth professional title and his second win on the PGTI this season.
Christina Koch astronaut has recently created a record for the longest single spaceflight by a woman
- Koch on Saturday broke the record set by retired astronaut Peggy Whitson for the longest single spaceflight by a woman with 289 days in space.
Recently, Hemant Soren was sworn-in as the 11th Chief Minister of Jharkhand
- Hemant Soren, working president of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), took oath as the 11th chief minister of the state on Sunday in a swearing-in ceremony in Ranchi.