8 August 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
[heading style=”default” size=”31″ align=”center” margin=”20″]Current Affairs 8 August 2020 [/heading]
- Which male cricketer has been appointed by the sports gaming platform, WTF Sports as its global brand ambassador?
(A) Deepak Chahar
(B) Suresh Raina
(C) Yuvraj Singh
(E) Rohit Sharma
- Two coastal villages “Venkatraipur” and “Noliasahi” have been recognised for the first time in India as tsunami ready by UNESCO’s Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC), these two villages are situated in which state?
(E) Andhra Pradesh
- Name the Pulitzer Prize winner and the author of the book “The Keepers of the House”, who died recently?
(A) Toni Morrison
(B) Alice Walker
(C) Shirley Ann Grau
(D) Emily Dickinson
(E) Isabel Allende
- Our Nation observed “National Handloom Day” on which day of August every year to honour the handloom weavers in the country and also highlight the handloom industry?
(A) 10th of August
(B) 9th of August
(C) 7th of August
(D) 5th of August
(E) 8th of August
- Which payment bank has partnered with Bharti AXA General Insurance to offer “Smart Plan Shop Package Policy” for the financial protection of the bank’s retailers and merchants?
(A) Paytm Payment Bank
(B) Airtel Payments Bank
(C) India Post Payments Bank
(D) Fino Payments Bank
(E) Jio Payments Bank
- Educationist Professor, Pradeep Kumar Joshi has appointed on which post of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
(B) Vice Chairman
(E) Both (A) and (B)
- The Indian railways will begin its “Kisan Rail” services to transport perishable goods between which two states?
(A) Maharashtra and Bihar
(B) Kerala and Jharkhand
(C) Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh
(D) Telangana and West Bengal
(E) Arunachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated RashtriyaSwachhta Kendra (RSK) as an interactive experience centre on the Swachh Bharat Mission on the occasion of the centenary celebrations of which of the following?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi’s Salt March
(B) Mahatma Gandhi’s Quit India Movement
(C) Mahatma Gandhi’s Round Table Conferences
(D) Mahatma Gandhi’s Bardoli Satyagraha
(E) Mahatma Gandhi’s Champaran Satyagraha
- “YSR Cheyutha” is an initiative of which state, that benefit the rural economy of the state amid hardship resulting due to Coronavirus pandemic?
(B) Tamil Nadu
(C) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Andhra Pradesh
- Which entity of government of India will set up an Innovation Hub in order to promote innovation across the finance sector in India by leveraging on technology?
(A) Reserve Bank of India
(B) Ministry of Finance
(C) Securities and Exchange Board of India
(D) Ministry of Home Affairs
(E) Small Industries Development Bank of India
ANSWERS: – 1(A) 2(B) 3(C) 4(C) 5(B) 6(A) 7(A) 8(E) 9(D) 10(A)