7 August 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
[heading style=”default” size=”31″ align=”center” margin=”20″]Current Affairs 7 August 2020 [/heading]
- Recently who has been appointed as the next Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir in place of Girish Chandra Murmu?
(A) Mukhtar Ansari
(B) Mahesh Sharma
(D) Jayant Sinha
(E) Manoj Sinha
- Recently, the government has extended Ajay Tyagi’s term as the Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) till _.
(A) March 2023
(B) February 2023
(C) April 2022
(D) March 2022
(E) February 2022
- Which state government has launched a “ShaheedMahendra Karma TendupattaSangharshSamajSurakshaYojana”, a social security scheme for tendu leaves collectors?
(C) Madhya Pradesh
- Ram Pradhan, who passed away recently, was the former governor of __.
(C) Arunachal Pradesh
- Which ministry has organised a webinar series on “Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk Reduction” in collaboration with India Meteorological Department?
(A) Ministry of External Affairs
(B) Ministry of Home Affairs
(C) Ministry of Civil Aviation
(D) Ministry of Finance
(E) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- In the recently announced Monetary Policy by RBI, the increase in the permissible LTV for loans against pledge of gold ornaments and jewellery for non-agricultural purposes will be:
- Which telecommunication company has tied up with Amazon Web Services to grow its cloud business in India?
(A) Bharti Airtel
(C) Vodafone Idea
(D) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
(E) None of these
- What is the name of the edtech startup that provides online coding lessons to kids aged 6-14, has recently been acquired by Think and Learn Private Ltd. for $300 million?
(C) WhiteHat Jr.
- What is the name of the pharmaceutical company that will develop and deliver 100 million doses of its experimental coronavirus vaccine for the US in a deal that totals over $1 billion?
(A) Procter & Gamble
(B) Johnson & Johnson
(D) Merck & Co.
(E) Abbott Laboratories
- What is the name of the program launched by the Health Minister to promote scientific temper among school students?
(B) India Studies Science
(C) Science Manthan
(D) Vigyan Manthan
(E) Vigyan Vishwa
ANSWERS: – 1(E) 2(E) 3(D) 4(C) 5(B) 6(A) 7(A) 8(C) 9(B) 10(A)