6 August 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
Current Affairs 6 August 2020
- Who has been sworn in as Prime Minister of the south American country Republic of Guyana?
(A) Emme Maribel Muñiz
(B) Alex Rodriguez
(C) Mark Anthony Phillips
(D) Cris Judd
(E) Derek Jeter
- Which bank has been selected Infosys Finacle to digitally transform its transaction banking business?
(A) Bahrain Islamic Bank
(B) Khaleeji Commercial Bank
(C) National Bank of Bahrain
(D) Reserve Bank of India
(E) Bank of America
- The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a tripartite MoU with the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) and whom to support the Ministry of Defence in identifying the cause and nature of grievances and to introduce systemic changes and policy interventions wherever required?
(A) Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
(B) Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
(C) Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
(D) Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
(E) Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- The prominent Northern Ireland politician, John Hume passed away recently, was conferred with nobel prize in which year?
- To provide online education, which Union Territory has launched E-GyanMitra mobile app?
(A) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
(B) Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu
(C) Jammu and Kashmir
- William Kirk English, who recently passed away, was a famous for inventing world’s first _____.
(A) Computer Mouse
(B) Computer Keyboard
(C) Computer BIOS
(D) Quad-Core Processor
(E) Digital Speaker
- Name the Cipla’s CEO for India’s business who has resigned from his post recently?
(A) Nikhil Chopra
(B) Debashish Mohanty
(C) Atul Wassan
(D) Aakash Chopra
(E) Vijay Bharadwaj
- Under the SwadeshDarshan Scheme, the “Thenzawl Golf Resort” Project has been virtually inaugurated by the Union Minister Shri Prahlad Singh Patel in which state?
- The Indian government has contributed how much to India-UN Development Partnership Fund to support developing nations in their developmental priorities across all Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)?
(A) 16.01 million dollar
(B) 13.45 million dollar
(C) 14.21 million dollar
(D) 15.46 million dollar
(E) 12.95 million dollar
- What is the defence manufacturing turnover target of India by 2025 as per “Defence Production & Export Promotion Policy (DPEPP) 2020”?
(A) Rs 1,50,000crore
(B) Rs 1,75,000 crore
(C) Rs 2,25,000 crore
(D) Rs 3,75,000 crore
(E) Rs 5,90,000 crore
ANSWERS: – 1(C) 2(C) 3(E) 4(A) 5(B) 6(A) 7(A) 8(E) 9(D) 10(B)