Top Current Affairs 26 February 2021 & Daily GK Update in English
Here we are Providing Top 26 Current Affairs of 10th February 2021 and Daily News is the most important topic for any competitive exams with Questions & Answers for SSC, Bank, UPSC, CLAT, IAS, IB ACIO & RailwayExams 2021. So Solve daily quizzes that will help you memorize the topics.
Daily Current Affairs 26 February 2021 in English
- According to provisional data from India’s commerce ministry, China regained its position as India’s top trade partner in 2020 despite high border tensions between the two countries. In context to the same tell us who was Sir Henry McMahon who defined the border lines between India and China?
(A) Foreign Secretary in the Government of British India
(B) Governor General in the Government of British India
(C) Viceroy in the Government of British India
(D) Lieutenant-Governor in the Government of British India
ANSWERS: – 1(A)
- The Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) has celebrated 23rd February as Pagri Sambhal Diwas. In context to the same tell us the Pagri Sambhaal Movement was started in which year?
ANSWERS: – 2(A)
- Recently, a group of Buddhist monks in Tawang district has opposed the Arunachal Pradesh government’s renewed push for hydropower projects. In hydropower plant which energy is converted into electric energy?
(A) Chemical Energy
(B) Mechanical Energy
(C) Potential Energy
(D) Nuclear Energy
ANSWERS: – 3(B)
- Scientists have made a pivotal breakthrough in the quest to understand how single-cell green algae are able to keep track of the light as they swim. Which of the following is not an unicellular organisms?
ANSWERS: – 4(D)
- Scientists have revealed a novel antenna design for use in CubeSat nanosatellite using state-of-the-art communications systems like 6G communications. What is the maximum data transfer rate of 5G?
(A) 10 gigabits per second
(B) 20 gigabits per second
(C) 15 gigabits per second
(D) 25 gigabits per second
ANSWERS: – 5(A)
- Recently, the Directorate General of Trade Remedies (DGTR) has initiated a probe to review the need for continuing imposition of anti-dumping duty on certain types of steel products imported from China, following complaints from domestic industry.
Consider the following statements regarding Directorate General of Trade Remedies –
(1) It is the apex national authority under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
(2) It was incorporated in 1990 as the Directorate General of Anti-Dumping & Allied Duties.
(3) It provides trade defence support to the domestic industry and exporters in dealing with increasing instances of trade remedy investigations instituted against them by other countries.
Which of the above is/are correct?
(A) Only (1) and (3)
(B) Only (2) and (1)
(C) Only (3) and (2)
(D) None of the above
ANSWERS: – 6(A)
- Recently, the Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0 scheme has been rolled out to cover children and pregnant women who missed routine immunisation during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Consider the following objectives of Universal Immunization Programme –
- Rapidly increasing immunization coverage
- Improving the quality of services
- Establishing a reliable cold chain system to the health facility level
- Introducing a district-wise system for monitoring of performance
- Achieving self-sufficiency in Immune products production
Which of the above is not included in that mission?
(A) Only 2, 3
(B) Only 1, 4, 5
(C) Only 5
(D) Only 3, 4
ANSWERS: – 7(C)
- Recently, NITI Aayog, along with a working subgroup of officials and members of civil society, has prepared a draft National Migrant Labour policy.
Consider the following statements regarding NITI Aayog –
(I) The full form of NITI Aayog is National institute for Transforming India
(II) The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India
(III) NITI Aayog was Formed on 1 January 2015
(A) Only (1) and (2)
(B) Only (2) and (3)
(C) Only (3) and (1)
(D) All are correct
ANSWERS: – 8(B)
- The UJALA and SLNP has completed six years of successful implementation. In context to the same match the following programs with their objectives –
(a) Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 1- Scholarship programme to encourage students to take up research careers in the areas of basic sciences, engineering and medicine.
(b) National Literacy Mission Programme 2- To Make 80 million adults in the age group of 15–35 years literate.
(c) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 3- Accidental insurance with a premium of Rs 12 per year.
(d) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana 4- Life insurance of Rs 2 lakh with a premium of Rs. 330 per year.
(A) a-1, b-4, c-3, d-2
(B) a-2, b-3, c-1, d-4
(C) a-1, b-2, c-4, d-3
(D) a-1, b-2, c-3, d-4
ANSWERS: – 9(D)
- The Orissa High Court has taken suo motu cognisance of the death of around 800 Olive Ridley sea turtles due to negligence by Odisha’s forest and fisheries departments.
Match the following bird sancturies with their states –
(a) Uppalapadu Bird Sanctuary 1- Haryana
(b) Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary 2- Andhra Pradesh
(c) Bhindawas Wildlife Sanctuary 3- Gujarat
(A) a-1, b-2, c-3
(B) a-2, b-3, c-1
(C) a-3, b-2, c-1
(D) a-1, b-3, c-2
ANSWERS: – 10(B)