2 August 2020 Daily Current Affairs & Daily GK Update in English
Current Affairs 2 August 2020 in English
- Recently under which scheme of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), the Union Home Minister distributed 100 electric potter wheels to 100 trained artisans?
- Who is the incumbent President of the country with whom India is extending a USD 400 million currency swap facility to boost its foreign exchange?
(A) Gotabaya Rajapaksa
(E) Sheikh Hasina
- Recently Naveen Tahilyani has been appointed by Tata AIA Life Limited as its _.
(A) Managing Director
(B) Vice Chairman
(D) Chief Executive Officer
(E) Both (A) and (D)
- Which private lender has taken possession of Anil Ambani’s Reliance Group headquarters ‘Reliance Centre’ in Mumbai after its owner Reliance Infrastructure failed to repay nearly ₹2,900 crores to the lender?
(A) HDFC Bank
(B) YES Bank
(C) State Bank of India
(D) ICICI Bank
(E) Bank of Baroda
- Name the founder of OYO who has set up a new investment entity, AroaVentures, that will focus on early-stage businesses in the consumer, technology and leisure infrastructure sectors?
(A) Bhavish Aggarwal
(C) Ritesh Agarwal
(D) Sachin Bansal
(E) Binny Bansal
- Name the world’s most subscribed Motivational Telegram channel, the founder of which has recently been awarded the Karamveer Chakra?
(A) Daily Motivation
(B) SS Motivation
(C) Think Positive Words
(D) Sandeep Maheshwari
(E) Motivation Quotes
- Recently the Union Cabinet has renamed the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) as _.
(A) Ministry of Education and Human Resource
(B) Ministry of Education and Sports
(C) Ministry of Education and Child Welfare
(D) Ministry of Education
(E) Ministry of Schooling
- Recently N Sivaraman has been appointed by the rating agency ICRA as its new Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer for how many years?
(A) Two years
(B) Three years
(C) Four years
(D) Five years
(E) Six years
- HardikSatishchandra Shah has been appointed as private secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in place of _.
(B) Pramod Kumar Mishra
(D) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
(E) Rajeev Topno
- Name the Indian Grandmaster, who has finished second in the rapid section of the 53rd Biel International Chess Festival?
(E) Anish Giri
ANSWERS: – 1(E) 2(A) 3(E) 4(B) 5(C) 6(B) 7(D) 8(B) 9(E) 10(A)