Basic Word Lists for Bank PO, SSC, and other exams
- Negligent (Adjective) – लापरवाही
- Definition: failing to take proper care over something.
- Synonyms: careless, failing to take proper care, remiss, neglectful, lax, irresponsible, inattentive
- Antonyms: careful, attentive, conscientious
- Usage: the council had been negligent in its supervision of the children in car
- Scrap (Noun) – रद्दी माल
- Definition: a small piece or amount of something, especially one that is left over after the greater part has been used.
- Synonyms: fragment, piece, bit, offcut, oddment, snippet, snip, tatter, wisp, shred, remnant
- Antonyms: keep, preserve
- Usage: I scribbled her address on a scrap of paper
- Beleaguered (Verb) – परेशान,
- Definition: put in a very difficult situation.
- Synonyms: hard-pressed, troubled, in difficulties, under pressure, under stress
- Antonyms: aid, please, help, make happy.
- Usage: the board is supporting the beleaguered director
- Averting (Verb) – टालना
- Definition: turn away (one’s eyes or thoughts).
- Synonyms: turn aside, turn away, turn to one side
- Antonyms: aid, allow, assist.
(ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION)
- The most appropriate one word for “A person who is unable to pay debts” is “Insolvent”
- the most appropriate one word for “A short poem or speech addressed to the spectators after the conclusion of drama” is “Epilogue”
1 (A) Situation
- (A) Clamby
(IDIOMS AND PHRASES)
- Get ducks in a row
- Meaning – Getting your things well organized.
- Example – To ensure a successful product launch, we must “get our ducks in a row”.
Get the show on the road
- Meaning – Putting up a plan or idea into action.
- Example – Now that we have completed all the legal formalities, “let’s get