6-7 May : Current Affairs for SSC CGL-2018 Tier-1
Patanjali ranked as most trusted FMCG brand in India
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited has been ranked as India’s most trusted Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) brand in the TRA’s Brand Trust Report 2018.
- The Patanjali Ayurved Limited was established in 2006 by Ramdev, along with Acharya Balkrishna, with the objective of establishing a science of Ayurveda in accordance and coordination with the latest technology and ancient wisdom.
M.T Vasudevan Nair Wins ONV Literary Prize
- Jnanpith laureate M T Vasudevan Nair has won this year’s annual ONV Literary Prize, instituted in memory of iconic poet late O N V Kurup, for his overall contributions to Malayalam literature.
- The award, comprising a cash prize of Rs three lakh, citation and a plaque, was instituted by the ONV Cultural Academy here.
- The panel also selected Anuja Akathoot’s poetry collection, ‘Amma Urangunnilla’ for the young writer award.
‘Star Khel Mahakumbh’ Launched At Himachal Pradesh
- A sports initiative ‘Star Khel Mahakumbh’ was launched at Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh in the presence of 1,500 athletes.
- The athletes will compete in volleyball, basketball, cricket, football, kabaddi and athletics.
- The cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar and MP Anurag Thakur launched the initiative. Over Rs 1 crore will be invested in the project over the next five years.
India ranks 11th in AT Kearney FDI Confidence Index
- India has slipped by three spots to 11th position in the FDI Confidence Index 2018 of global consultancy firm A T Kearney.
- It is the first time since 2015 that India has been pushed out of the top 10.
- The United States (US) topped the index and it is followed by Canada and Germany respectively.
- The AT Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index is an annual survey of the business executives that ranks countries which are likely to attract the most FDI in the next three years.
First organised census of Indus Dolphins begins in Punjab
- Punjab government along World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-India are conducting first organised census of Indus Dolphins, one of the world’s rarest mammals found only in India and Pakistan.
- Its main objective is to establish accurate population of dolphins in order to plan conservation of species.
- It is national mammal of Pakistan.
Delhi to host six-day Festival of Bharat
- Delhi will host a six-day-long Festival of Bharat between May 9 and May 14 as a 21st century tribute to the majesty and depth of India’s civilization.
- The event will be held at the Scheduled between 9th May and 14th May at the Indira Gandhi National Centre.
Border Roads Organisation celebrates 58th Raising Day
- Border Roads Organisation (BRO) celebrated its 58th Raising Day on 7 May 2018.
- BRO is leading government organisation in arena of infrastructural development in the border areas of the country.
- BRO plays pivotal role in construction, maintenance and upgradation of strategic infrastructure in remote and far flung border areas of India.
- It also develops and maintains road networks in friendly neighbouring countries. It functions under Defence Ministry.
- It was established on 7 May 1960 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
India to host 15th Asia Media Summit
- India is going to host 15th Asia Media Summit (AMS-2018) in New Delhi from May 10-12, 2018.
- The summit is being organised by Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) in collaboration with its partners and international organisations.
- It aims to provide unique opportunity for broadcasters in Asia to share their thoughts on broadcasting and information.
China launches communication satellite : APSTAR-6C
- It was launched onboard of Long March-3B carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Center. This was overall 273rd mission of Long March rocket series.
- The Apstar-6C satellite is based on DFH-4 platform. It is equipped with 45 transponders in C, Ku, and Ka bands, with designed service life of 15 years.
Namami Gange Programme: NMCG approves used of GIS technology
- The project includes use of Digital Elevation Model (DEM) technology which ensures accurate data collection which is important aspect for river basin management planning.
- DEM technology enables identification of entire topography of area.
- It supports decision-making process by easily making available data for policy makers.
- Critical hotspots are also easily identified through this technology.