Top-10 Vocabs of the day-3
- A brigand is a bad guy, especially one who belongs to a band of armed robbers.
- an armed thief who is (usually) a member of a band.
- Synonyms- bandit, stealer, thief
- a person who is habitually drunk.
- a chronic drinker
- Synonyms- drunk, inebriate, rummy, sot, wino, alcoholic, alky, boozer, dipsomaniac, lush, soaker, souse
- If something has been abandoned, you can call it derelict.
- a person without a home, job, or property
- Synonyms- dilapidated, ramshackle, run-down, tumbledown
- An excursion is taken more for pleasure than for practical reasons.
- a journey taken for pleasure
- Synonyms- expedition, jaunt, junket, outing, pleasure trip, sashay
- (of a woman) continually criticize and order about (her husband or other male partner).
- harassed by persistent nagging
- Synonyms-browbeaten, downtrodden, bullied, dominated
- a (usually canopied) seat for riding on the back of a camel or elephant
- a loop with a running knot, tightening as the rope or wire is pulled and typically used to hang people or trap animals.
- a loop formed in a cord or rope by means of a slipknot; it binds tighter as the cord or rope is pulled.
- Synonyms- running noose, slip noose
- Something noxious is harmful and could be even fatal.
- injurious to physical or mental health.
- Synonyms- harmful, baneful, deadly, pernicious, pestilent
- a number of people or vehicles moving forward in an orderly fashion, especially as part of a ceremony or festival.
- A line or group of people moving together in a deliberate way is a procession.
- Synonyms-march, parade, demonstration, manifestation
- An amazon is a big, strong, warrior-like woman.
- a large, strong, and aggressive woman.
- Synonyms- Heroine, Virago
You may also like...