Skip to content
Top-10 Vocabs of the day-2
- situated at or extending to great depth; too deep to have been sounded or plumbed.
- When you need a word that’s deeper than “deep,” consider profound.
- Synonyms- unfathomed, unplumbed, unsounded, deep
- People who are fickle change their minds so much you can’t rely on them.
- liable to sudden unpredictable change.
- Synonyms- erratic, mercurial, quicksilver, changeable, changeful
- When someone is forlorn it means that they not only feel miserable but simultaneously desolate because they also believe they are alone.
- marked by or showing hopelessness
- Synonyms- disconsolate, pessimistic, despairing, despondent, abandoned, depressed, desperate.
- When something is skimpy, there’s not quite enough of it.
- containing little excess
- Synonyms- lean, deficient, insufficient
- Vacillate means to waver back and forth, unable to decide.
- be undecided about something; waver between conflicting positions or courses of action.
- Synonyms- hover, oscillate, vibrate, shillyshally
- Laudatory has to do with praise.
- full of or giving praise.
- Synonyms-praiseful, praising, complimentary
- Something muscular, with a tight and stretched toughness, is sinewy.
- consisting of tendons or resembling a tendon.
- Synonyms- tendinous
- Recede means to pull back, retreat, or become faint or distant.
- pull back or move away or backward.
- Synonyms – draw back, move back, pull away, pull back, retire, retreat, withdraw
- hasty and without attention to detail; not thorough.
- it means not paying attention to details.
- Synonyms- casual, passing, perfunctory, careless
- When you defile something, you make it dirty or make it lose its purity.
- make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically.
- Synonyms- maculate, stain, sully, tarnish
You may also like...