2 May : Current Affairs for SSC CGL-2018 Tier-1
14 of Indian cities figure in World’s 20 most polluted cities list: WHO
- These 14 cities include Delhi, Varanasi, Kanpur, Faridabad, Gaya, Patna, Agra, Muzaffarpur, Srinagar, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Patiala and Jodhpur.
- The database measured levels of fine particulate matter (PM10 and PM2.5) from more than 4,300 cities in 108 countries.
Asha Bhosle honoured with the 26th P C Chandra Puraskaar 2018
- The award is a tribute to the founding father of the P. C. Chandra Group, the late Shri Purna Chandra Chandra.
- It carries an honorarium of Rs 10 lakh which is tax exempted.
Rafael Nadal clinched the 2018 Barcelona Open tennis tournament
- World number one Rafael Nadal lifted his 11th Barcelona Open tennis title with a win over Greek teenager Stefanos Tsitsipas.
- It was the 77th title overall for Nadal tying him with John McEnroe for fourth best in the Open Era.
9th India Japan Energy Dialogue 2018 was held in New Delhi on 1 May 2018
- Both countries agree to work together for energy security, energy access and climate change issues.
- They also agree to initiate the discussion on Electric Vehicles (Evs) and commit to work together in promoting well-functioning energy markets.
Akshay Kumar has won the best actor award at the 2018
- Akshay Kumar has bagged the best actor award at the 2018 Dadasaheb Phalke awards for his role in ‘Padman (Jury)’ and for ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’.
- The awards were given by Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation in Mumbai on April 29.
- Bhumi Pednekar won the best actress trophy for her work in Toilet Ek Prem Katha.
2018 Ayushman Bharat Diwas has celebrated on April 29
- As part of Gram Swaraj Abhiyan, Ayushman Bharat Diwas has celebrated across the country on April 29, 2018.
- During the event, information regarding Ayushman Bharat Scheme is being provided to people during health camps organised in rural areas.
- The Ayushman Bharat programme seeks to provide easily available and affordable medical facilities in the remote parts of the country.
ACI Projects India as 2nd Fastest Growing Country for Air Passenger Traffic
- As per the Airports Council International (ACI), by 2022 passenger traffic in emerging economies like India will surpass advanced economies.
- The ACI, a global trade body representing airports across the globe, has put Vietnam at the top position with an 8.5% growth rate, followed by India at 7.5% and Iran at 7.3%.
International Labour Day: 01 May
- It is also known as International Worker’s Day, Labour Day and May Day.
It is celebrated across the world on 1st May to promote and encourage the international labour associations.
- The theme of International Labour Day 2018 is “Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement”.
- On this day in 1886, labour unions went on a strike in the USA and demanded that workers should not be forced to work more than eight hours a day.